Setting up Printers in GunShop Software
In this tutorial I’m going to be going over how to set up your printing information in GunShop Software. First you logon and get the Station Printers form active by going thru the menu items Activities / Company Related / Station Printers. You’ll want to change the Printer in column three for each of the reports to match your own printer configuration. Look for your printer names in the Windows Devices and Printers dialog. The printer name is available to copy from right clicking on the printer and selecting Printer Properties. Copy and paste the name.
(1) This is the Station Name. In most cases an asterisk is the best value. It means all stations should print to the device in column 3. In a multi-user installation the stations are given names like GS01, GS02, etc. Where stations print to different printers you could select a row here (like the selected SalesReceiptMisc row above), press the “F4 – Copy” key (see menu bar), select and modify the copied rows column 3 to match the printer / destination, and give column 1 the name of the station (GS02). In this way you can have an unlimited number of station / printer, report pairs.
(2) This is the Report Name. Don’t change this.
(3) This column should be a proper printer device name. See Video below.
(4) In GunShop Software you can develop your own reports. We give you a nice default report (shown in column 4). If you make modifications to an original output format, this is where the new name would go. In most cases you will not be modifying this column.
(5) The SalesReceiptArms, ConsignmentReceipt, and SalesReceiptMisc have header values that print before line item detail. Change the text (or remove it) by entering the cell in columns 5 (this cell becomes a text editor when you enter it).
(6) The SalesReceiptArms, ConsignmentReceipt, and SalesReceiptMisc have footer values that print after line item detail. Change the text (or remove it) by entering the cell in columns 6 (this cell becomes a text editor when you enter it, see above).